Thursday, April 15, 2010

Power Loss

I was on Facebook the other day and saw a post from an old friend. She said that her power had gone out due to a storm, but that she was so happy her laptop had battery power.

I read that and thought it was kinda sad. We have become so dependent on technology that we have forgotten how to live without it. I immediately thought of several things that could be done if you lost power, and all without using technology.

You could light some candles and sit around with your family and tell stories. They could be any kinda of stories. Family history, scary stories, or you could play a game where each person makes up part of the story. You could play a board game or cards. Sing songs. Read from the Bible.

Those are just the things off of the top of my head. I'm sure with some more thought, you could come up with more ideas. The point is, be creative. Don't rely on technology, it may not always be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment